Old 27-08-2008, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Canna Heinrich Seidel/Roma

On 26/8/08 17:24, in article
, "Dave
Poole" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Does anyone here know if it's true that Canna Heinrich Seidel is really C.
Roma which became misattributed some years ago? Are they in fact, one and
the same? David - anyone?

Well, 'Heinrich Seidel' has bright golden yellow flowers with orange
feathering especially towards the middle of the flower. It's a
sumptuous variety and really ought to be more widely available. C.
'Roma' appears to have been confused with 'Florence Vaughan', which is
one of the 'spotty' Cannas. In this case the ground colour is yellow
heavily overlaid with orange spots and blotches and a yellow border.
It's a fair bet that the variety we know as 'Florence Vaughan' is in
fact 'Roma'. As to 'Roma' and Heinrich Seidel' being confused, they
are rather too distinct for that to happen.

Thanks to both you and Bob for all this info. I'm printing it off to hand
over to Ray and Matthew. I was typing up our Plant List when I came across
a web site that said these two Cannas had been confused, so I knew someone
would have the answer here!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com