Old 28-08-2008, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Rain!!

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:31:57 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:51:30 -0500, The Cook
wrote:

It has finally rained here. We have had an extremely dry summer. Our
rain gauge (a pot sitting on the deck) was full this morning, so we
have had at least 2.75 inches of rain. More predicted today. I will
have to get out and pick tomatoes, watermelons and cantaloupes before
they start splitting. I still have 35 pounds of tomatoes waiting to
be made into salsa and I need to make another batch of butternut soup.

We must have gotten your share of rain. I have a fairly decent weather
station and since June 1st this year we've had 374.4 mm of rain
(that's 14-3/4 inches).
We've also had one of the coolest summers in a long time. Much of our
garden is a bust.

I wish you could have shared with us. It looks like we have had about
22" so far this year. Total rainfall for the storm was 2.8" and the
total for the month is 3.8" Those are the measurements from the
Community College about 10 miles from here.