Old 28-08-2008, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Strawberry leave problem

Donna Ludlow wrote:
Hi All

My strawberries in the hanging basket are starting to get a brown dusty look
to them. When you look at the leaves they are covered both on top and
underneath. Any idea? I have taken the leaves off the plant now but was
wondering what it is.

Donna

I assume they are treated the same as strawberries in the ground. With
those you cut off all the leaves as soon as the strawberries are
finished, taking care not to damage the crowns. It is amazing how
quickly new leaves grow! Then repeat this operation in the Spring.