Old 29-08-2008, 09:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kdv09@excite.com is offline

Default heap of fresh mulch getting hot

OK, i'll keep my eye on it - it actually in front of kitchen window,
not to hard.
As for the midspring - we are crow eaters (south australia) :-)

On Aug 29, 4:02*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
As Billy said keep it damp (not wet). *If you are really worried about a fire
spread it out and it will cool down. *The deeper the pile the less surface
area (where heat is lost) in proportion to the volume (where heat is
generated). *This is why you are advised, amongst other things, to build a big
pile (over a cubic metre) for hot composting.

Mid spring! *You must be a banana bender.

David