Old 29-08-2008, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Please help me to identify these plants.

In message , Sacha
writes
On 28/8/08 10:24, in article , "K"
wrote:

Hibiscus writes

Photos 5819 & 5820

Photos 5840 & 5837

Photos 5843 & 5842

Echium (sea holly relative) - don't know species/variety

Are you sure about Echium, Kay? I associate that with the very tall
spires
of flowers we see in e.g. Tresco or sheltered gardens here. I thought it
was Eryngium.

Sea holly is a species of Eryngium (some people expand the term to the
whole genus), so I think we can assume that Echium was a thinko for
Eryngium.

Japanese anemone

And ?Tagetes

I'd like to see scale, habit and foliage, and even then might well not be
sure (it seems to be a "double", which doesn't help identification), but
Tagetes seems more plausible than Zinnia.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

I thought Tagetes until I saw the simple leaf, then I thought Zinnia, so I
support Sacha.
I agree on Eryngium cv and Japanese Anemone 'Honorine Jobert'.

Spider