Old 30-08-2008, 04:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
Andrew Gabb Andrew Gabb is offline

Default killing off IVY

FarmI wrote:
Zero doesn't work, it's far too weak. I've foudn it only knocks

it back
for a while and it then starts off again. I've been trying to

eradicate
a huge wad of from a large bed for at least 10 years and the

only thing
that seems to work is tree and blackberry poison which has 50g/L
TRICLOPYR present as Butoxyethanol Ester.

I second this. Zero is a waste of time. Spraying the leaves is a
waste of time.

Wear a mask and long sleeves. Shower afterwards.

Cut the ivy back to about 30cm stalks above the ground. Paint the
stalks with tree/blackberry killer. If any more pops up, paint it too.

Be prepared to do it 2-3 times at 6 month intervals.

I *hate* ivy, but at least it composts OK.

Andrew
--
Andrew Gabb
email: Adelaide, South Australia