Old 30-08-2008, 05:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Cucumbers - lotta vine, no fruit

"Bill" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:

Anybody else in So. Calif coastal have this prob? Two varieties of
cucumber - one "regular", one lemon cuke. Gorgeous vines with
beaucoup blooms. ONE *&*&^%ing cuke from each variety.
Please share your wisdom. Tx!

Hypatia

My cukes are producing one fruit per vine. Seems kinda cool
temperature wise. Pollinators seem OK. Tomatoes slow too.

8/29/08 4:36 PM and it is 76 F.

Bought some S Jersey locals that looked normal but were hard and yellow
inside.

Weird

I have literally hundreds of green tomatoes. I planted 45 plants this year,
and they are exploding out of the ground. Most are over six feet tall and
loaded with green tomatoes. I'm afraid one day I'm going to go out to the
garden and find a hundred or more tomatoes have ripened overnight. At which
point I'll end up spending hours and hours making salsa and canning sauce. I
think I have about 5 quarts left from last year, so the timing is about
right