Old 30-08-2008, 02:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Cucumbers - lotta vine, no fruit

On 8/29/08 4:39 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article
,
wrote:

Anybody else in So. Calif coastal have this prob? Two varieties of
cucumber - one "regular", one lemon cuke. Gorgeous vines with
beaucoup blooms. ONE *&*&^%ing cuke from each variety.
Please share your wisdom. Tx!

Hypatia

My cukes are producing one fruit per vine. Seems kinda cool
temperature wise. Pollinators seem OK. Tomatoes slow too.

8/29/08 4:36 PM and it is 76 F.

Bought some S Jersey locals that looked normal but were hard and yellow
inside.

Weird

Bill

I had quite a few and since the rains in August, only one or two fruit on 4
vines. Very few tomatoes, and no fruit set on my Aunt Ruby's German Green.
Went to the farm stand were I bought them and they seem to be having the
same issue. Lots of buds, no fruit. My Bull's Heart and Tula Blacks are
reluctant to set fruit too. The smaller toms are setting well.

Cheryl