Old 09-04-2003, 06:32 AM
matilda

Default anybody knows this PEST ???

Diana Kulaga wrote:
The thrips I've seen were black (have gotten them a couple of times on
orchids, but mainly on gardenia bushes), and I needed my reading glasses to
see them.

Mine are silver for sure. It's hard to see them as well. Even with
magnifying glass I wasn't able to see the details very well.

It's hard to be definitive, but it sounds to me like the kind of
"decomposers" that run like crazy when you de-pot a plant that's overdue for
new medium. They almost look like lice. What are the plants in (what kind
of material)?

Plants are Phalaenopsis. The medium was recently changed. Didn't see
them before that or just didn't notice.

Are they due for a change?

I would say no.

Diana