Old 30-08-2008, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alistair Macdonald Alistair Macdonald is offline

Default Wintering fuschias

Can someone remind me please? I have a dozen fuchsias grown this year from
almost nothing at all, but now very healthy plants with an abundance of
flowers. I have had a wide selection of advice from - Water/don't water.
Prune/don't prune. Keep outside/store under glass. My last over-wintering
method was not too successful. I pruned hard in October, wintered under
glass and gave no water. I ignored feeding. Result - a few weary shoots in
the following spring.
What is suggested for this year.