Old 31-08-2008, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_237_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_237_] is offline

Default Sloe berries

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from contains these words:

Last year there were hundreds of berries on every Blackthorn bush but
this year we'll be
lucky to find a pound in total. (We are in Sheffield). My in-laws in
Sussex and friends in
SE London say the same.
What has happened? There was plenty of blossom.

Late frosts: though I must say, we have plenty here in this part of
Norfolk.

Yes, agreed, we had a lot of late frost this year. Must admit I haven't
checked for any sloes yet but I shall do now

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com