Old 09-04-2003, 07:44 AM
zookeeper

Default filters and pumps need advice

We have a Little Giant pump (can't remember model number or gph, but
it's something similar to 3400 gph 6E-CIM or 9E-CIM). It has been in our
pond (3500gal) since spring 1997, and running continuously since then
except for only one 3-month period of down time (because we had a leak
outside the pond that we had to find and repair). It was around $200
when we purchased it; I'm sure the electricity to run it is more
expensive than some, but it was the only local option of that capability
that was available when we needed it. Hope to replace it with a pump
that's more economical to run this summer, but kid's new swimming pool
may be in line first. ;-) But do look around for pumps that require
less power to operate -- there are many more to choose from than there
were in 1997. And shopping online probably will be better for you since
there's so little available locally.
--
Kathy, zookeeper (OR)
3500gal pond

wrote:
I posted this on the garden.pond.chat earlier...

Hi All, We have added another larger pond to our already existing one
(6x7..about 25 inches deep) ... We would like to have the pump in the
smaller pond drawing the water to a biofilter that empties into the larger
pond thus overflowing into the smaller one. ... it
seems that the home improvement stores are about the only option for pumps
and filters. My question is does anyone have the "Little Giant" brand
products and have they worked well for you??? Also for my setup the cost
will be about $450.00. Should I go online and perhaps get a different brand.
Does this seem like a good price for the product quality??
Thanks for any info you can provide.
By the way I live in NW TN near the KY border

Tina Breeds