Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 AM
David Rance

Default Vine pruning - when?

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Nick Maclaren wrote:

How strange! I haven't come across that on vineyard vines. What
particular variety of vine do you have?

Hang on. I did say it was V. coignetae, but that may have got lost!

Ah, sorry! I missed the beginning of this thread.

A couple of my V. vinifera do the same, but I think that it is a
matter of pruning rather than variety. I.e. two that are cuttings
from the same source behave differently - the one that I prune as
recommended for grapes grows in 'your' fashion and the one that is
hanging around in a pot grows unpredictably.

Yes, that sounds about right. Does "your" vine produce any kind of
(edible) fruit? (I may have missed that as well.)

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |