Old 01-09-2008, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Possible new allotments

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 17:07:57 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 16:12:34 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"""Officially they say it's "open land for use by all""""

They could have a fight on their hands if they want to take it away from
that designated statement.

The other allotments are shown in the same colour on the UDP also
though.

as a past Parish Councillor, and as someone at present fighting a County
Council and on the verge of winning, I can see both sides of the argument.
Let me know which side you are on and I will tell you which bullets to put
in the gun to fire ;-) I will load it, you can fire it :-)

I would love an allotment.
I would be happy to have allotments on this bit of land. I live in the
position of being one of the most affected people by whatever goes on
it.

It has no play stuff on at all and isn't even flat for ball games.
It's being used by older teens for drinking and now drugs (Lots of
those little deal bags appearing)
The police feel it's only a few people complaining so prefer it to the
kids being elsewhere where they might disturb more people. (Makes you
feel all warm and special that one does)

Someone from parks department told us over a year ago they'd never put
a playground back on it as it's not overlooked.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk