Old 02-09-2008, 03:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default tree id please

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 17:16:54 -0700 (PDT), Lydia
wrote:

I was at a zoo in Oregon recently and saw a tree that I want to know
more about. Can you tell me what kind of tree it is? I have a
picture of it here http://home.comcast.net/~lyddie/whattree.htm . If
the link doesn't work, it had soft, fuzzy pink flower poofs all over
it (although the ones in the pic are starting to fade and loose color)
and the leaves were sets of lots of little leaves coming from the
middle stem.

Thanks for the help. Once I know what it is I'd like to find out if
it'll grow in my yard so need the id .

I've seen Mimosa trees in California and east Tennessee. They are
prolific.