Old 02-09-2008, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Chilli flower buds

In article ,
"Crundy" writes:
| Hmm, the flower buds on my dorset naga chilli plant are shrivelling up and
| falling off the plant before they've got anywhere near opening. I know the
| two main reasons for flowers falling off are non-pollination (which isn't
| the case as they haven't even opened) and lack of humidity. I've been
| spraying them with water a couple of times a day but they are still dropping
| off.

Forget the humidity nonsense - that applies only in semi-desert
conditions - they are remarkably drought resistant, and will set
even if you forget to water them every now and then.

Low temperature is the main cause, but you might have been keeping
them TOO damp!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.