Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Abutilon id

In article ,
says...
On 2/9/08 15:52, in article
,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article 740ccf6d-6d11-4c46-8ca4-
,
says...
On Sep 2, 1:50*pm, Sacha wrote:
This photo may be too dark but can anyone id this Abutilon for
us?
http://i34.tinypic.com/2h74ghh.jpg

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

You may remember that some years ago I had 2 Abutilon, one yellow and
one red, the red one was Westfield Bronze, could it be that, they
certainly look similar.

Judith

Westfield Bronze has variegated leaves and red flowers, well the one
David Hill gave me has! We have an unknown red (came back from Madeira)
which looks a lot like this but there are rather a lot of abutilon
cultivars

Thanks to you and to Judith - and yes, Westfield Bronze does have variegated
leaves, so ours isn't that one. We'll keep hoping. Ray has a notion it
*could* be A. Nabob but memory does not serve him in this instance!

Nabob has very deep red flowers and large leaves (noticibly bigger than
most others we have) www.roselandhouse.co.uk/shrubs/abutilonnabob.htm if
that helps
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall