Old 02-09-2008, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Abutilon id

This photo may be too dark but can anyone id this Abutilon for us?
http://i34.tinypic.com/2h74ghh.jpg

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 02-09-2008, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 2, 1:50*pm, Sacha wrote:
This photo may be too dark but can anyone id this Abutilon for us?http://i34.tinypic.com/2h74ghh.jpg

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

You may remember that some years ago I had 2 Abutilon, one yellow and
one red, the red one was Westfield Bronze, could it be that, they
certainly look similar.

Judith
Old 02-09-2008, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article 740ccf6d-6d11-4c46-8ca4-
,
says...
On Sep 2, 1:50*pm, Sacha wrote:
This photo may be too dark but can anyone id this Abutilon for us?
http://i34.tinypic.com/2h74ghh.jpg

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

You may remember that some years ago I had 2 Abutilon, one yellow and
one red, the red one was Westfield Bronze, could it be that, they
certainly look similar.

Judith

Westfield Bronze has variegated leaves and red flowers, well the one
David Hill gave me has! We have an unknown red (came back from Madeira)
which looks a lot like this but there are rather a lot of abutilon
cultivars
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 02-09-2008, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 2, 1:50*pm, Sacha wrote:
This photo may be too dark but can anyone id this Abutilon for
us?
http://i34.tinypic.com/2h74ghh.jpg

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

You may remember that some years ago I had 2 Abutilon, one yellow and
one red, the red one was Westfield Bronze, could it be that, they
certainly look similar.

Judith

Westfield Bronze has variegated leaves and red flowers, well the one
David Hill gave me has! We have an unknown red (came back from Madeira)
which looks a lot like this but there are rather a lot of abutilon
cultivars

Thanks to you and to Judith - and yes, Westfield Bronze does have variegated
leaves, so ours isn't that one. We'll keep hoping. Ray has a notion it
*could* be A. Nabob but memory does not serve him in this instance!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 2 Sep, 15:52, Charlie Pridham wrote:
[...]

The Westfield Bronze I have as Charlie said has variegated foliage, I
have had it now since the early 60's and I have never had a green leaf
sport.

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...DSCF0881-1.jpg

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
On 2/9/08 15:52, in article
,

On Sep 2, 1:50*pm, Sacha wrote:
[...]

Nabob has very deep red flowers and large leaves (noticibly bigger than
most others we have) www.roselandhouse.co.uk/shrubs/abutilonnabob.htm if
that helps
Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/9/08 22:40, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
On 2/9/08 15:52, in article
,

On Sep 2, 1:50*pm, Sacha wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Charlie, I'll look more closely at that tomorrow and will try
another pic that will give comparisons.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

They gave me an Abutilon. NOW what? Felice Friese Gardening 1 30-08-2004 11:33 PM
Abutilon cutting someone gave me at Kew?? cross United Kingdom 3 11-09-2003 11:24 PM
Abutilon Marie & Wej United Kingdom 0 12-08-2003 10:37 AM
Abutilon AndWhyNot United Kingdom 8 26-06-2003 07:09 PM
Abutilon AndWhyNot United Kingdom 4 25-06-2003 08:20 PM