Old 03-09-2008, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What is the point of slugs?

evidently, firefly larvae feed off slugs. Ingrid

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 06:20:56 +0100, Hapless hoe.
wrote:

I understand birds eat slugs now, I didnt want to harm any
wildlife by using salt but Im being persecuted by slugs and
snails and its become a standing joke me going out on slug
patrol armed with the table salt at dusk. Im also feeling a
little guilty as I was throwing the salted corpses over my
neighbours fence and he keeps pigeons so I have just set up
a few traps around the garden that I found online -
1.beer in a saucer, 2.rings of gravel, and 3.leaves I trimmed
today that looked like a favoured main course placed away
from the borders to try and deter them. Im also in search of
copper strippage. Im sure one of, if not all these techniques
will prove fruitful. regards.