Old 03-09-2008, 04:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Mulch

You really do not understand trees salvage hog.

Symplastless wood with soil contact is mulch.

Take a class or something of forestry and not just wood products.

You claim removing all of the natural mulch from a site is good and
restoration. And you do not even know it???????????

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"D. Staples" wrote in message
omsupplyinc...

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

Mulch when applied correctly can help trees acquire conditions for
healthy
growth has they had when they got their genetic codes in a forest. Mulch
comes in different gradations. Some people claim removing mulch from a
forest is good for forest health
(http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm ). I strongly
disagree.

Question, yard boy. Who mulches the forest debris, who spreads it, and
neatly rakes it 6 inches away from the stems? How is that nasty
protoplastic poison you rave on about neutralized in the forest?

And once again, show me where I said removing mulch from a forest is good
for forest health. Salvage is not removing your so called mulch.

Idiot.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting yard boy
http://homde.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedidctionary.com
Beware of yard boys who do not understand tree biology.
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.
Some yard boys will buy products they do not understand and not buy books
that will give them understanding.