Old 03-09-2008, 05:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Vandy Terre Vandy Terre is offline

Default Tea

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:58:28 -0700 (PDT), Merryb wrote:

Does anyone here grow tea? I was thinking the other night that I know
of no one who does...Guess I'll have to research the issue, but it
could be kinda fun...

Like the original poster I am interested in growing tea, as in the tree or shrub
that yields the leaves for common tea. I am not finding any local sources for
tea trees/ shrubs, but think they should grow in growth zone 7/8 if they grow in
similar parts of China. Anybody with any information out there?