Old 07-09-2008, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] wayne.deloach@gmail.com is offline

Default Brussell Sprouts with no Sprouts!

On Sep 6, 8:37*pm, "Zootal" wrote:
I have huge beautiful plants with little tiny nubs for sprouts. They did
this last year, and it wasn't until late October or November or so that they
actually grew. I ate b.sprouts all winter long. In February I was picking
big fat sprouts off of the plants, those that survived the snow and ice
(which was most of them).

wrote in message

I have been growing Jade Cross Brussell sprouts for years and have
always had great crops. *This year, however, the plants are big and
beautiful as always but not a sprout to be found! *I didn't do
anything different that I know of. *What happened? *Anybody else ever
have this problem?- Hide quoted text -

I can hardly believe that! I'm in northern Wisconsin and my plants
will just plain freeze to death before then! I sure would like to
know what the deal is though. This has never happened before.