Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] wayne.deloach@gmail.com is offline

Default Brussell Sprouts with no Sprouts!

On Sep 7, 3:22*pm, enigma wrote:
" wrote
oups.com:

I can hardly believe that! *I'm in northern Wisconsin and
my plants will just plain freeze to death before then! *I
sure would like to know what the deal is though. *This has
never happened before.

have you tried topping them? cut off the tops. that sometimes
forces them to make sprouts.
*if it was too cool they may not make sprouts. if it's too hot
they don't make sprouts either, until it starts cooling down
at night.
*i've had years where they didn't start forming sprouts until
September, but i had nice fat sprouts by Thanksgiving, even
after a couple freezes. i'm in NH. i also just leave them on
the plants all winter & harvest as needed. freezing makes them
sweeter.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair