Old 09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm View Post
I am looking for advice in keeping mini cyclamen over the winter
Will they survive in the open during winter. I live in Pitlochry Perthshire
Or should I keep them in my unheated greenhouse?
Blair

If you mean the little cyclamen sold as houseplants, then probably no, unless you have a very sheltered corner. Ours live out in the summer and come into an unheated greenhouse in the autumn, with brief visits to the house when they come into flower.

The species cyclamen [coum, and so on] are surprisingly hardy and can survive quite low temperatures, so will be fine. None of them like being waterlogged.