Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus View Post
I don't have my own garden. I love photography and have been taken quite a lot of plant/ flower pictures recently.

I think I know how to differentiate dahlia now. Some of them look like chrysanthemums to me...
They are relatively easy to differentiate, if you look at the stems and leaves. Those of dahlias are fleshy and a bright green [apart from the dark leaved forms, of course], whereas chrysanthemum stems look woody and the leaves are a duller green. Also, chrysanthemum has a very distinctive smell which dahlias don't have.