Old 09-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Aaron Hicks

Default Hybridizing

"GrlIntrpted" spaketh thusly:

I'll be purchasing a pressure cooker over the weekend, so if anyone has
any particular recommendations for a particular brand maybe, things I
should look for etc... I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll keep
reading and re-reading, probably some of the most confusing information
that I ever encountered .

Probably too late to be of any good if you were shopping last
weekend, but the "All American" pressure cookers are top of the line. Made
in the US, no rubber gasket (but there *is* a rubber overpressure disc
that needs to be replaced now and again- common to all pressure cookers of
modern design), solid aluminum- absolutely bulletproof design.
Try a "Google" search to find the best price. They range from 10
quarts (model 910) to 41 quarts (model 941). Also look for models 915,
921, and 930. I have one model 930, and one model 915, plus a couple of
rinky-dink Prestos for smaller jobs.

-AJHicks
The Orchid Seedbank
Chandler, AZ