Old 11-09-2008, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ID this flower, please?

On 10/9/08 21:02, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

I took these pics in early August in NW Ireland.
Those plants (about 3 or 4 of them) were growing amids lots of weeds
on piles of topsoil disturbed on a building site. I looked around,
but could not find anything similar nearby, in gardens or in the
surrounding countryside.
I would say they were approx 50 to 80cm tall. The flowers themselves
were relatively large, maybe 8 to 10cm in diametre.
Can anyone help?
TIA!
http://i38.tinypic.com/2jcwt2h.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/o6k9p4.jpg

I think it could be Inula magnifica. We have two types in the garden and
that's one of them but I'm not sure if yours is tall enough. I am dredging
my memory for the other at the moment but will have to ask Ray and report
back!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com