Old 09-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Art Norman

Default garden journals?

I've played with garden with insight before - it isn't so much as a planner
as an educational modeling program. I have not been able to put the time
into learning it that I would like, but I encouraged my kids to play with it
and they said it was fun. I would love to see it be more flexible - perhaps
allowing cover crops to be grown and the effects over several seasons growth
to be shown.
What I have done to help plan my garden is to make a large diagram glued to
an old piece of thin plywood and cover it with plastic on which I use a dry
erase marker to show what was planted where and when. I transfer this to
paper at the end of the season to help plan next years crops.
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 11:58:23 +1200, Kelvyn wrote in
rec.gardens.edible:

Can anyone suggest a freeware garden journal/diary ? Have done a thorough
search but have come up with nothing so far....
Thanks..in advance.
kelvyn.

Have a look at

http://www.gardenwithinsight.com/help100/00000214.htm

and see if it resembles what you want. The company is now making all

their
software free.

I found this with a Google search using keywords

"garden template record"

There were several other hits that I did not peruse. I know nothing of

these
programs.
---
My ability .. in .. the courtroom .. surpasses my
ability .. in medicine ..
Tom Hennessy )