Old 11-09-2008, 11:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default Clogged pump hose

Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Depends on the diameter. We have used a hose with one of those baloon
attachments and we have used a hose pure and simple. How far a run do
you have to get it clear?

Jim

I find hose backwashing helps the best. If the stuff is clogged,
putting water the same way as usual just jams it in tighter. I also
have used the balloon drain flusher effectively, again from the back
side. If very few actual 90 degree bends, a long snake can be tried
from either or both ends.

Chip