Old 13-09-2008, 05:46 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Clogged pump hose

"a425couple" wrote in message
. ..
"Reel McKoi" wrote ..
=w are you people cleaning out your long pump hoses?
=e one to the filter in our large pond is clogged and we
=ve nothing long enough to shove down it to clean out
=e slime or whatever has the water to a near trickle.
=....
=ugal ponding since 1995.
=c.ponder since late 1996.
=ne 6. Middle TN USA

If you have not solved it already,
I'd take out my air compressor and tank,
air hose with blunt nozzle, and "backflush".
(At first turning regulator down to near 30 p.s.i. ,
and only if needed on up in pressure ratings.)
(Do not have anyone you do not wish to offend
((or embarass, torment, irritate, dirty, or humble)),
standing 'downstream' of other hose end!!!
(("Oh Dear! Did I cause all that slimy gunk
to splatter all over you? I'm sorry, really I am.")) )

* LOL!!!! We do have an air compressor and power washer. If
the hose itself clogs that's an excellent idea. :-)

Now I know, most do not have a compressor
and tank, but if you think about your friends
and neighbors (think "car guy" or "painting guy")
I'd betcha one fairly close and handy.

*Actually we have BOTH. :-))
--

RM....