Old 14-09-2008, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Texas?

It's the JP Morgan Chase building, supposedly the tallest structure in
Houston at 1,000 feet, 75 stories. All the windows are shattered. It's not
residential. Other nearby buildings are similarly damaged.

The whole place is a mess. I hope your friends are all okay. The yahoos who
decided to ride it out in Galveston at a bar called the Poop Deck are, I
hope, properly chastened. Provided that they are unharmed (which I fervently
hope they are), dealing with the aftermath with a hangover should be an eye
opener.

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
There are lots of towers on Houston. I have not seen enough to know which
it is.

Besides, my friends down there don't live in them...

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
We don't normally have the boob tube on during the day, but it's on
today. That sky scraper in Houston - wow. All the windows, gone. Do you
know it, Ray? No pictures of Galveston yet.

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes Diana, have been holding thumbs & crossing fingers, have friends
there in Houston about 1 mile from the I45.
Ike has devistated the Houston, Galviston & surrounding areas & watching
the Storm Tracker on TV, it will turn & go in
a NE direction towards Rochester NY!!!!
What a mess, my heart goes out to all the people affected.
Cheers Wendy

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Good grief, it looks bad. Shout out to any of our peeps in the path of
Ike. Florida has had its share, but in our particular area it is
unlikely - read, improbable - that we could ever see anything like
Galveston is about to experience.

Hurricanes or no, we feel fortunate to be where we are. Wendy, "cross
thumbs" for Texas.

Diana