Old 14-09-2008, 04:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default Damn aphids!

"Sandra Bodycoat" writes:
I am at my wits end with trying to destroy aphids, you name it I have tried

One part methylated spirits + 4 parts water
spray onto the tender tips of roses and citrus, etc., where the
aphids gather. The aphids die instantly. If you wish them to be out
of sight, you can hose the corpses away after 10 mins. I have been
surprised to see others don't move in to take their place, though YMMV.

I have not found it to harm any plants, but to be cautious test it
on one branch to start with and wait for a couple of days.