Old 14-09-2008, 09:52 PM
danny22 danny22 is offline
Registered User

Default the SUPERTHRIVE experiment!!!!

i can see some people smiling encouragingly. i can hear others grinding their teeth with frustration. the superthrive debate goes on in every gardening forum on the internet i think! i have heard some people deem it a waste of money and time. others swear by it, some to say it makes their plants look good, others to the extent it revived an almost dead plant back to life!

i have read thread after thread about it, so now, i want to find out if it works. to do so, i have 10 mandarin seeds. i soaked them overnight in water. today, i peeled off the hard outer shell (what a pain in the a** that was! really have to stop biting my nails) i have put them into a 10cell propagator - the five seeds on the left are unmarked and are being watered with plain, good old tap water! the other five on the right, marked to set them apart, are being watered with superthrive added to the water.

they have been put inside a little bag and put into our boiler cupboard, where the temperature is nice and high for the seeds to germinate....though not too high! i will post progress on here for anyone who is interested. i am looking forward to finally being able to make a decision on its effectiveness!

dan