Old 14-09-2008, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Growing your own veg etc

On Sep 14, 7:42*pm, "R D S" wrote:
Next year I might have a dabble at growing some of my own produce, veg/herbs
etc.

I have a potentially stupid question, do you need to keep buying seeds or
once its kicked off can you keep going?
Ie, will a potato grow into a plant, can tomato pips be planted?

Peas and broadbeans do very well this way - keep some to dry and
replant the following year. Did amazing well this year with last
year's peas. All veg can be done in this way, though mangetout would
be tricky ;o) You can let leeks flower and collect seeds, pumpkins,
all herbs etc. Its a wonderful way to save money. Keep all your seeds
in envelopes, dry and dark, I keep mine in shoe boxes. I swap lots
with friends and neighbours and collect weird seeds on my travels,
sometime I have no clue what it is but that makes it more interesting.