Old 14-09-2008, 08:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Sep14-C - 20085411.jpg

John - Pa. wrote in message
Helianthus maximiliani

The perennial Maximilian Sunflower. These guys are tall. This photo
was taken at eye level and there were plenty of stems and flowers
towering over me. I've seen these growing wild on the side of the
road, and when I figured out what they were, I had to get some. This
stand is probably 4-years from seed. They have only just started to
open and will probably peak in another week or two when each stem
might hold 6-10 flowers at once.

JD

Want some!

Mary