Old 15-09-2008, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Texas?

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 15:47:01 -0400 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
We don't normally have the boob tube on during the day, but it's on today.
That sky scraper in Houston - wow. All the windows, gone. Do you know it,
Ray? No pictures of Galveston yet.

Ever landed at the Houston airport?
If you look across the swamp while you're getting off the plane towards
Houston, you'd think Houston was the holy city of some phallic deity.
You might want to specify which sky scraper, although I can pretty much
bet that it's the case for every sky scraper on Galveston island.
Currently I'm very glad I always said no to the insurance companies that
wanted me to work IT in Galveston. I just hope that most folks could
actually heed the warning (I seem to recall the evacuation order wasn't
until last moment).

Oh, and speaking of obscene skyscrapers... If you're ever in
San Francisco, you should look for the group of Oracle buildings
in Redwood City... they're flipping the bird in the general
direction of Redmond, Washington.
--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."