Old 15-09-2008, 04:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Growing your own veg etc

wrote in message
On Sep 14, 7:42 pm, "R D S" wrote:
Next year I might have a dabble at growing some of my own produce,
veg/herbsetc.

I have a potentially stupid question, do you need to keep buying seeds
or
once its kicked off can you keep going?
Ie, will a potato grow into a plant, can tomato pips be planted?

(snip) All veg can be done in this way,

This is incorrect. Not all veg can be grown this way. Some can. It
generally doesn't matter greatly for things like tomatoes but it can be
extremely important for other plants such as sweet corn.

If you want to grow plants from saved seed, learn about hybrids - do a
google on "F1 seeds" and "open pollinated seeds" and start learning from
there.