Old 16-09-2008, 01:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

Default Fungus growing on our lawn

I always thought lime was good for that stuff but it doesn't say that in the
link you provided. I have had the slime mold in the past and used lime and
hollow core aeration to fix it. At first when it was really bad I used a
solution of hydrated lime and sprayed that on . I also modified my watering
practices and put less water on those spots and only in the early morning.
I even poured some clorox in my well and watered with that when it was
really bad.

"echinosum" wrote in message

echinosum;815822 Wrote:
The thing you can see is not the living part of the fungus, rather it is
the fruiting body.

I'm wrong. I knew this was familiar... it's dog lichen. Here is RHS
advice on dealing with it. http://tinyurl.com/6es9pv

--
echinosum