Old 17-09-2008, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B[_2_] Ray B[_2_] is offline

Default barely on topic: have they lost their minds?!

I emailed both of my senators on this one today....

wrote in message
kudzu, hydrilla, cats....

i can just see a DHS truck used to haul away dead cane redeployed to,
say, IOWA, with some critters still inside it, and there goes half the
damn corn crop. i am just flabbergasted over this one. =0

--j_a

On Sep 16, 5:55 am, "Ray B" wrote:
That is one of the most absurd things I've ever read.

Intentionally releasing non-native species in the environment - WITHOUT
ANY
IDEA TO WHAT EXTENT THEY WILL PROLIFERATE.

I have an idea - we have a problem with illegal aliens with no jobs,
right?
Hand them a machete and send them to work!

No kidding. Agriculture is the ONE THING that America has not forgotten
how to do well. An ignorant practice such as that can jeopardize it quite
quickly, I am writing my senators and congressman about this one.