Old 17-09-2008, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Ideas for a gift of seeds wanted

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
et...
An English friend who has lived in New Zealand ( south Island ) many many
years has just been to visit. He grows nothing but veg but is thinking
that he needs to grow some flowers to attract flying creatures into his
poly tunnels, there seems to be a shortage of bees butterfly's etc..over
there too,
I thought that I could send him some seed but need advice as to the best
seeds to send.

kate

That surprises me, New Zealand has a huge number of beekeepers (and thus
bees) per capita.

Butterflies don't pollinate vegetables as far as I know - but I could be
wrong!

Mary