Old 09-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Alan Gould

Default Plum query

In article , Therefore
writes
Hello again; I have a gage in my garden that flowers prolifically but does
not bear fruit. There are no other trees in the area , as here in Cornwall
people find them difficult, or so I am told. Question ,would the Sloe or May
blossom cross pollinate. Leslie

The sloe might just manage to help pollination possibly giving you some
crosses, because it is another species of prunus, but May is in a
different genus [branch] of the general rose family [roseaceae], so it
would be unlikely to work. Or you could try self-pollination from flower
to flower on the same tree. Give it a try, there's nothing to lose.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.