Old 18-09-2008, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Possible new allotments

"mogga" wrote in message
An update from this morning.

Head of Parks and someone else from parks came and are in general
agreement that it's a great idea. They need to check with legal to see
if there might be any covenants etc that prevent it going ahead as
allotments.
So that's what we're waiting for now. Will probably be weeks though
before the legals get back to them.

Area can't be a playground as they are shutting those in areas out of
the way like this. Their cheapest option is to do nothing - estimate
of 35k for fencing seem unreal though and another 35k for leveling it
- so we might have to just get agreement off them then set up a group
to get funding etc. or there was talk of involving adult learning
section as they are doing a community project nearby. (Will have to go
and visit it - it's apparently on unwanted allotments!!!)

Anyway, was lovely and sunny - people turned out and stayed behind to
chat!

So fingers crossed on the legal side anyway!
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Sounds very promising :-)

Don't worry too much at this stage if they find a covenant on the land, I
had one on mine, but as it had not been registered, my Solicitor had it
removed with no trouble at all. However, if it IS registered and people or
houses are named, then their agreement will have to be sought.

Also, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to do a legal search to
find any covenants.

Fingers crossed for you
;-))