Old 19-09-2008, 01:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Waxed cardboard boxes?

Sarah Houston wrote:
"Dioclese" wrote:
"Sarah Houston" wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find some cheap waxed cardboard boxes
for growing seedlings? in?

I need some that are about 6x6x1".

Processed chicken normally comes in a waxed box. �These boxes don't
normally go to a box compactor. �They are normally disposed of with
processed food and produce compaction. �Because of dangers related to
chicken type related bacteria, its doubtful that a grocery store
would give such a box to the public. �This despite the chicken itself
is kept in hermitically sealed plastic within such a box.

It's for sprouting wheat grass for my pet birds, I sure wouldn't use
anything but new clean non-toxic boxes.

Anywhere that sells clay flower pots will also sell the bottom dish, I
think that will be perfect for your use and they are very
inexpensive... I use them to grow wheat grass for my cats... they can
be used and reused over and over.