Old 09-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Anybody want a free parrot???

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:34:21 GMT, wrote:

When the ancient war dogs did battle on Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:03:16 GMT,
"Gene Schurg" did speak the
following bit of wisdom:

P.S. I have a great receipe for stuffed Parrot (bad joke I know).

LOL Gene!

One of these days, somebody definitely needs to put up a picture of an
African Grey Parrot on their list of most harmful and/or notorious
orchid pests, right there between the mealy bugs and spider mites!

The upshot is that she kills plants more often than I do. I guess I
can get some sort of perverse pleasure out of that fact!

Still... There are some days where thoughts about deep-fried parrot
(tastes like chicken?) served up on a bed of fresh orchid greens dance
through my head! Don't gimme a reason bird!!!
* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"

I have a friend that says bitter apple spray or tobacco and water
works to keep them away.

Yes, I will have to educate her about the dangers of tobacco
mosaic virus. For those that have not heard. Smokers should
wash their hands, not smoke around the plants and you should not
use tobacco products to make bug killers. Because tobacco
viruses can be transferred to orchids. No one has published a
report of how easily the transfer is made; But it makes a great
excuse to keep the weed out.

SuE