Old 09-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Larry Dighera

Default anybody knows this PEST ???

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 07:26:23 GMT, matilda wrote:

Today after watering I decided to have a closer look at a couple of my
plants (orchids). When I removed pots from the saucers I discovered that
saucers are full of tiny very hardly visible bugs.
These bugs are at most 1mm long (less than 1/16 inch) and I believe I
saw only a couple of 1mm size, most of them vere even smaler. They have
shiny silver color. I would describe them as tiny, slender insects more
than twice as long as wide, wings folded flat on back. Didn't see any
hairs. They don't jump or at least didn't try to when I was disturbing
them. Run around the saucer very fast.
Also I don't see any signs of their presence on the leafs or on the
surface of the pot.

Please help as I never struggled with bugs before.

They sound like they could be springtails.

http://www.cals.ncsu.edu:8050/course...mbolan_jpg.htm