Old 20-09-2008, 11:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Gin Clear

Fall has arrived here too. I can begin to hear the "sniper fire" of
acorns falling from my (live) oak trees onto my metal roof. Later,
as many more ripen and fall off, it will sound like a full-scale
relentless attack. Even though it hasn't gotten that cold here in
northern Florida (coldest temperatures at night are in the high 60s)
the daylight hours have gotten shorter, and the plants know that fall
approaches.