Old 20-09-2008, 03:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Gin Clear

This time of year my water is at it's clearest! I don't have a UV filter so
I always go through a period of green water each spring but ultimately it
clears. The water in the deepest part (about 4 feet) looks to be only about
a foot deep. The water lilies are beginning to die back and I'll be putting
up my netting to keep leaves out in a few weeks but the water is looking
great about now.

Life is good.

Old 20-09-2008, 05:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Fall arrived here, a bit early, when we woke up to
gray skies and rain. It is chilly around the edges.
I do love fall but am going to miss my pond as
things will start winding down out there.

k :-)

Old 20-09-2008, 11:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:52:12 EDT, "JB" wrote:

This time of year my water is at it's clearest! I don't have a UV filter so
I always go through a period of green water each spring but ultimately it
clears. The water in the deepest part (about 4 feet) looks to be only about
a foot deep. The water lilies are beginning to die back and I'll be putting
up my netting to keep leaves out in a few weeks but the water is looking
great about now.

Last weekend was the start of thinning down of the lily pads. They will now
not grow as fast as I'll be thinning them I'm sure. Still some buds coming
up. Arrowheads changing color, guess they're ready to go to sleep for the
winter. Lotus hasn't put up any new pads in awhile.

Little Jack pumpkins all getting nice and orange. Those plants are taking
over a large section of the planter boxes. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 20-09-2008, 11:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Fall has arrived here too. I can begin to hear the "sniper fire" of
acorns falling from my (live) oak trees onto my metal roof. Later,
as many more ripen and fall off, it will sound like a full-scale
relentless attack. Even though it hasn't gotten that cold here in
northern Florida (coldest temperatures at night are in the high 60s)
the daylight hours have gotten shorter, and the plants know that fall
approaches.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Damson gin Christina Websell United Kingdom 12 03-09-2009 09:55 AM
Pond Sludge - To clear or not to clear? MB United Kingdom 24 13-09-2006 12:15 PM
Gin Clear Already BenignVanilla Ponds 38 01-04-2004 08:16 PM
Watercress, was Gin Clear Already Anne Lurie Ponds 2 29-03-2004 12:11 AM
"Gin Clear" water Barry Ponds 4 15-10-2003 01:32 AM