Old 22-09-2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Tomato Variety Q

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
gunner said:

Just a thought, but I wonder if the 'eterne' is somehow a confusion of
'indeterminate.' An old Italian vining type rather than one of the more
modern determinate tomatoes usually grown for cooking.

That was one my first thoughts but didn't get very far with any specific
name using that angle. From the limited description sounds like a Roma or
some such Plum varietial , maybe a Campari. Andi are you in AU/NZ?