Old 22-09-2008, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Please ID this plant - thanks

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
schizostylis coccinea, one of the pink forms, likes damp soils
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall

Thanks Charlie, I must admit, I hadn't heard of this plant before. I pasted
your schizostylis coccinea into google and got the common names of crimson
flag, kafir lily and winter cheer. I suspect the first, is the red variety.

I'm surprised it's taken 3 years to come into flower. One of the plants in
the flower border, is also coming into bud.

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

No idea but nice pics.

Mary

I'm a newbie to digital photography. I tend to set the camera on fully auto,
take about 6 pics from different angles and select the best :-)