Old 23-09-2008, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Tree ID Help Please

On Sep 23, 10:20�am, ovoco5 wrote:
The tree isn't that old, and it's 30 feet away from the house (it's a
fence in the background and it gives good shade for the garden) So I'd
like to keep it under control by prunning it.

So would this time of year be a good time to do this, or should I wait
until the leaves have dropped ?

At 30' feet distance from your house that tree WILL eventually destroy
your house foundation and in turn your house. Silver maple is one of
the very least favorable choices to plant on residential lots. I urge
you in the strongest possible way to remove that tree now (while still
manageable), before it causes you severe grief.

http://hort.ufl.edu/trees/ACESACA.pdf